Hi, my name is Finley.
I’m a freelance front-end developer primarily working on WordPress sites for small businesses.
I’m also a student at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo.
Freelance WordPress Developer
JANuary 2017 – Present
As a freelancer, I help clients with:
- custom WordPress themes
- hosting, DevOps
- custom WordPress plugins
- converting PSD’s to WordPress themes
- WooCommerce integration
- SEO and speed optimizations
Front End Web Developer // AllPeople
June 2019 – December 2019
I helped work on the MVP for AllPeople, an eCommerce startup that supports nonprofits while providing 7000+ quality health & home products. Created a personalized experience for visitors when arriving at the site through the respective nonprofit’s referral link.
- Shopify, WooCommerce/WordPress
- Liquid templating, custom emails
Web Developer // Canterbury Garden’s & Gifts
April 2017 – September 2018
Managed the back-end of a brick-and-mortar Christmas store as well as the eCommerce website.
- marketing tools like MailChimp and Hubspot
- managing a database of 10,000+ SKUs
- web development on Magento
- Later rebuilt entire website on WordPress/WooCommerce with a custom theme, migrating the Magento database and doing SEO work for the website.
Student Front End Web Developer // Cal Poly
January 2019 – August 2019
I worked alongside the UI/UX developer for Cal Poly’s Administration and Finance Department (AFD).
Through this experience I built a foundation for making clean-coded websites, especially for public institutions:
- Writing CSS efficiently, DRY
- Semantic and accessible HTML
- UI/UX Design: responsive layouts
- Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- WAVE Accessibility tool
I offer WordPress services in maintenance, design, and development for all kinds of clients: small business, churches, nonprofits, and more. Need a custom theme or plugin? Broken site with errors? Need maintenance and updates? I can help.
I build and manage small to medium sized eCommerce sites, primarily in WooCommerce. I have experience working on all aspects of a successful eCommerce store, including speed and accessibility optimizations, SEO, and high-converting design and user experience.